Clinical Trials and Journals
Sea-Band Accupressure Wristbands: Clinically Proven Relief for Nausea and Vomiting
Sea-Band wristbands provide a clinically validated, drug-free solution for effectively controlling nausea and vomiting caused by motion sickness, pregnancy, anesthesia and chemotherapy.
These innovative wristbands feature a unique design with a plastic stud strategically placed to exert pressure on the P6 acupuncture point on the wrist. Extensive research and studies have shown that pressure on this specific point is known to alleviate nausea and vomiting symptoms.
Say goodbye to nausea and vomiting and embrace a more comfortable journey towards wellness with Sea-Band wristbands.
- Canova G. Sea-Band Trial in Motion Sickness – Hospital San Carlo Borromeo. Italy (1990)
- Hu S, Stritzel R, Chandler A, Stern RM, P6 acupressure reduces symptoms of vection-induced motion sickness. Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine 1995 July;66(7):631-4
- Stern RM, Jokerst MD, Muth ER, Hollis C, Acupressure relieves the symptoms of motion sickness and reduces abnormal gastric activity. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine 2001 July-Aug;7(4):91-4
- Stannard D. Pressure prevents nausea. Nursing Times, December 1989.
- Stainton, M. Colleen and Neff, E. Jo Ann, 'The efficacy of SeaBands for the control of nausea and vomiting in pregnancy', Health Care for Women International, 15: 6, 563 — 575, 1994
- Dundee JW, Sourial FB, Ghaly RG, Bell PF. P6 acupressure reduces morning sickness. J R Soc Med.81(8):456-7,1988
- Werntoft, E., & Dykes, A. K. (2001). Effect of acupressure on nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. A randomized, placebo-controlled, pilot study. The Journal of reproductive medicine, 46(9), 835–839.
- Ballatori E, Roila F, Ruggeri B, Betti M, Sarti S, Soru G, Cruciani G, Di Maio M, Andrea B, Deuson RR. The impact of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting on health-related quality of life. Supportive Care in Cancer 2006 Aug 29
- Klein J, Griffiths P. Acupressure for nausea and vomiting in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy. British Journal of Community Nursing 2004;9(9):383-7
- Ezzo JM, Richardson MA, Vickers A, Allen C, Dibble SL, Issell BF, Lao L, Pearl M, Ramirez G, Roscoe JA, Shen J, Shivnan JC, Streitberger K, Treish I, Zhang G. Acupuncture-point stimulation for chemotherapy-induced nausea or vomiting.
- Dundee JW, Yang J. Prolongation of the antiemetic action of P6 acupuncture by acupressure in patients having cancer chemotherapy. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 1990;83:360-2
- Lee A, Done ML, Stimulation of the wrist acupuncture point P6 for preventing postoperative nausea and vomiting. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004;(3):CD003281
- Dundee JW, Chestnutt WN, Ghaly RG, Lynas AG. Traditional Chinese acupuncture:a potentially useful anti-emetic? BMJ 1986 Sep 6;293:583-4
- Dundee JW, Ghaly RG, Bill KM, Chestnutt WN, Fitzpatrick KT, Lynas AG. Effect of stimulation of the P6 anti-emetic point on post-operative nausea and vomiting. British Journal of Anaesthesia 1989 Nov;63:612-8
- Barsoum G, Perry EP, Fraser IA. Post-operative nausea is relieved by acupressure. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 1990 Feb;83(2):86-9
- Wang SM, Kain ZN. P6 acupoint injections are as effective as droperidol in controlling early postoperative nausea and vomiting in children. Anesthesiology 2002 Aug;97(2):359-66
- Kovacs FM, Gotzens V, Garcia A, garcia F, Mufraggi N, Prandi D, Setoain J, San Roman F. Experimental Study on Radioactive Pathways of Hypodermically Injected Technetium-99m. J Nucl Med 1992; 33:403-407
Details of other trials available on request.